Monday, July 27, 2009

July 24-July 27...The Weekend!

Okay every now and then you have the BOMB weekend. It's either when your birthday falls on a Friday, or Memorial Day, or 4th of July, or Labor Day or anytime you get that 4-5 day stretch... Well none of this applies to the weekend I just had...LOL

Started Friday...After an unbelievably wasteful Friday morning and afternoon I met up with this shortie that I had been trying to get at for a while. For whatever reason things just clicked and we agreed to chill out. Friday turned into Monday morning quickly... I guess that's what they mean by TIME FLIES WHEN YOUR HAVING FUN!

You ever had that situation where you just click instantly and you vibe and chill and laugh and just forget about anything that goes on? Well that is the kind of weekend that I had. Yessssir

But it wasn't all about just laying up and gettin' it in (We did that too!!!!! OMG did we do that, but I digress) I got a chance to showcase my culinary skills. AND I DON'T DO THAT FOR EVERYBODY. My family and my friends are about the only ones that get my good cookin' unless I am trying to show someone up at a work function (punch bowl cake anyone?)

But most importantly I got a chance to spend time with my family and the Lord himself.

My Family: I try to go visit my parents after church because Sunday is usually family time. (And the fact that my parents live about 5 mins from the church I attend, how rude would it be if I didn't go visit) So I text'd my mother from the 24th pew and asked her what she was doing...She replies about to go pick up your sisters and hang out at the mall...Whoa! where was my invite? So at the same time I am talking to my sisters via text and they tellin' me about the plans they got wit Ma...So 'Snow White' is confused as to how she is the fairest of them all and NO-ONE included her...So fast forward, now that my seat on the excursion has been arranged we get it poppin'. I love spending time with my family cuz we all crazy as hell and we should have 12 pack abs by now the way we be cracking up. And my nieces are getting so Big...Shout out to Ms. Gucci her shoe game is vicious (thanks to her uncle; will post pics of the footwear we purchased!) But you gotta love them yessir!
And my shoe game:

The Lord: So they sang 2 of my favorite Jesus compositions yesterday and that let me know I was where I needed to be. I get my message through music which is why I attend on the 2nd and 4th cuz that's when the the "chorale" blows... Yes I know Jesus and Emanuel...what more can you ask for, AMEN!

~feenix

No comments: