Monday, July 27, 2009

Embarrarssed...

Now readers, I don't know if you are anything like me but I HATE to be embarassed. With that being said, I try to limit the opportunities for my mental psyche to register embarrassment. The subject of embarrassment is important because it stems from quite a funny situation, or at least I think it is funny...

Now I know I said that I was going to retire my 'Funny Fitness Expose': All the Funny Things at the Gym, but I had to come out of retirement just one time... (sidebar: My Jane Fonda is killin' em)

So being the 'white woman' that I am, I am all about spin class. If you are unfamiliar, its a group exercise class that involves the stationary riding of a bike that is supposed to be reflective of outdoor riding (hill climbing, sprinting, etc). And because it is soooooo popular among my fellow whites, you must sign up for the class no more than an hour prior to the beginning of the class (sidebar: the staff at the gym guard this list like its Queen Eliz)...

So on more that one occasion, people come into the spin class and get on bikes and start riding to warm up before class. Now I am watching as the bikes get less and less available as it gets closer to the start time. So now its "6:30" and in walks the instructor prepared to start class...but hold up somebody doesn't have a bike. Here is where the ENTERTAINMENT comes in...

The instructor says "is there anyone in here that is on a bike and didn't sign the list?..." Of course no one says anything and EVERYONE looks around. So the instructor asks again "is there anyone that is on a bike that didn't sign the list cuz I am about to go pull the list and call names..." Still no one says anything. "Attendance" is called and the person NOT on the list is looking all dumb and confused and EMBARRASSED because I, along with others, are cracking up at the jackass who wasted time and could have avoided being embarrassed BECAUSE YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOU DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR SPIN CLASS...WTf?


~feenix

No comments: